Re: [dwm] A talk about suckless.org and dwm

From: markus schnalke <meillo_AT_marmaro.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:28:39 +0200

[2008-08-26 12:57] Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>

> You don't intend to upgrade your branch to a more recent dwm version?

I don't need all the new features ;-P

As I told you (some time ago), I stripped everything I don't need from
the source. That lead to a even more simple code base, which fits
exactly my needs.
For example: I only use 2 "workspaces" to toggle ... so the whole
tagging concept doesn't make sense.
... my approach is somehow similar to `2wm'.

As long as I dont feel a need to change something, I'll stay with it.

The only problem comes along when I do presentations like that one:
I cannot show vanilla-dwm, cause I dont know it (anymore) ;-)
Also, I dont want to advertise dwm-meillo, cause I never found someone
working like me. People just smile, but dont use it. :-/

however,
see you

meillo