Re: [dwm] [dvtm] scrollback and 256color support

From: Marc Andre Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:18:41 +0200

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:58:45PM -0700, Donald Chai wrote:
> Hi, the following two patches add support for a scrollback buffer and
> enhanced color in dvtm.
>
> scrollback:
> - Simply set up some keybinding to scrollback(), passing in "-1" or "1"
> to scroll up or down.

Thanks for the patches, scrollback is probably the most requested
dvtm feature. You introduced a separate buffer for the scrollback
data, did you consider allocating more space for the main buffer and
just adjusting the scroll_{top,bot} pointers and using them in
madtty_draw to draw only the currently visible area?

Another detail, it would be nice if the buffer size could be specified
with an additional parameter to madtty_create. This could then be used
to set the scrollback buffer size from a command line option.

I need to get some sleep now, i will later take a look at the second
patch.

Thanks,
Marc

--