[dwm] OT : suckless foreign function interface

From: Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando_AT_mailc.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:54:36 +0800

Hi all

I am not sure if there are any specific mailinglist that is dedicated
to bieng suckless so I am posting it here.

i am trying to extend a scheme interpreter so that I can use it for
certain type of problems that I think that a marriage of scheme and C
would be the best option.

I was wondering what you guys think of the approaches below

1. Generate small C programs and call them via system() inside the
scheme interpreter.

2. Add custom code into the scheme interpreter and link in the lib
3. Develop some sort of foreign function interface

If you guys have an example of implementing some sort of suckless
approach to foreign function that would be cool.

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com