Re: [dwm] Re: urgent windows border

From: Tinou <tinoucas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:52:19 +0100

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM, yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/4 Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>:
>> I have mixed feelings about this patch. Does someone has strong
>> arguments that this would be a good idea for upstream dwm?
>>

> I also have mixed feelings... I wrote it because I didn't see urgent
> windows when they were visible (I know this sentence looks stupid, I
> know, but you get it), and since the implementation resulted simpler I
> decided to post it here.
> There is another middle-way solution which you could be interested in:
> move the clearurgent() call to focus(), like in my patch, but forget
> about the urgent border color (which is what makes the patch uglier).
> This way, you could save some loc while getting the functionality of
> notifying urgent clients in viewed tags. If you have no time or
> whatever I can modify my patch and send it to the list tomorrow.
> OTOH, I will probably maintain the patch for the border color, at
> least for the moment. But I won't post it here or anything if nobody
> else is interested.
>
> hth,
>
> --
>

> - yiyus || JGL .

Hi,

Besides the border color, I think this patch is really useful when using
the monocle layout. As clearing the urgent flag one could miss that not
visible urgent window. Though it's only visible viewing another tag...
I'll write a patch to display the urgent hint using the taskbar patch
Nibble sent once. Btw, I tweaked it a bit to display only tiled windows,
only when a tiled window is selected, and only in monocle.

That is, when I find some time to do so...

Regards,

--
Tinou