Re: [dwm] [slock] slock doesn't like to deactivate after password entry

From: Thayer Williams <thayerw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:49:05 -0800

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/9 Ali Gholami Rudi <aliqrudi_AT_gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:00:48PM -0800, Thayer Williams wrote:
>>> I've been using slock for about two months now and, as per the
>>> subject, slock doesn't release my screen right away after a valid
>>> password entry. After inputing the password and pressing Enter, the
>>> screen remains blanked and no amount of input brings it up. I can
>>> actually see the LCD backlight flicking on and off with each
>>> subsequent keypress or mouse wiggle.
>>
>> I don't know how to handle others, but I use this patch for handling the
>> flickering problem. AFAIK turning a lamp on and off excessively
>> decreases its lifetime; that might be true for displays, too.

Ali, thanks for that! This works great and I like the fact that I can
customise the timeout values. It's too early to say for sure, but it
also looks like your patch fixed my input issues (though I'm not sure
how that could be). I've been using it for a few hours now and
haven't encountered any problems yet.

Cheers