Re: [dwm] [Offtopic] minimalistic filesystem ncurses viewer

From: bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:45:36 +0800

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, Ricardo Catalinas Jiménez wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:44:14 +0100, bill lam <cbill.lam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Even compiling with ncursew, fm does not display utf8 properly, is it
>> a known issue?
>
> I missed completely the call to `setlocale' at the beginning of the
> program.
> Now fm is linked with ncursesw by default. That should give better results
> with utf-8, but my understanding of utf-8 and ncursesw is not very deep at
> this momment.

I'm happy to report that fm can now display japanese and chinese for
locale utf-8.

feature request (some already in vifm)
1. delete/copy/move
2. tag multiple item for delete/copy/move
3. use mime/mailcap to associate action

I can see that fm is quite remarkable as minimalist in that its number
of source code line is only one tenth of that for mc or vifm.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24