Re: [dwm] dio-0.1.3

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:20:29 +0000

2009/1/4 Yoshi Rokuko <yoshi.rokuko_AT_yokuts.org>:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 06:53:10PM +0100, yy wrote:
>> I have been experimenting with user interfaces concepts lately.
>> My first aim was a simple mp3 player. The code has been adapted later
>> to do other tasks, and now it is some sort of generic list manager,
>> where items can be played. It was initially based on dmenu-3.9 (that's
>> the reason it is announced here), though it has evolved to be much
>> more complicated (too much, actually).
>
> I like the idea. A while ago I was thinking about a xlib gui file-opener,
> your `launcher' dio script reminds me on that ...
>
> It would be cool to have more nice xlib apps to create some sort of dwm
> desktop, I have to try your stuff ;-)

My still secret project is about the foundation for that -- a
collection of libraries which should enable writing such apps, mainly
window/event abstractions and a decent font API -- this is code which
emerged from my st code base which is subject to be published soon as
well. I was a little bit shocked, that yiyus went into a similiar
direction already ;)

But I'm in the middle of yet another move currently, so I will
postpone any announcements, otherwise I won't be able to be of any
support...

Kind regards,
--Anselm