[dwm] last.fm + youtube downloader scripts

From: Ian Daniher <it.daniher_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:51:12 -0500

Hello again,
While I'm at it, I might as well share a pair of my media scripts
which are extremely helpful when it comes to handling web A/V from
command line browsers.

These two files are various bash scripts I've written [or adjusted]
for CLI media-related activities. "mcfmod" is a heavy modification
of a last.fm mpd player which allows a user to play specific
songs, artists, genres, or songs via mpd and the command line.
"mcf --help" details syntax. The script as I have it now will
download and label a single mp3 file from a specified genre,
artist, or etc. The script depends on id3, xmlstarlet, and misc.
other the standard GNU-linux tools. "youtubedl" is a fairly short
bash script which, given a youtube URL, provides an mplayer-able or
wget'able download URL. While this is definitely not the shortest
of youtube download scripts, it is extremely readable and sends
the minimum required information to the youtube servers. This
script can be used as a basis for other, similar scripts.

I run mcfmod in a while [ True ] loop on my server, slowly filling
up the 300gb sata drive I have in there with assorted house and techno
music. youtubedl I am currently working on binding to a hotkey in w3m
to allow near-seamless viewing of youtube videos from a command line
browser.

Enjoy!

--
Ian Daniher