Re: [dwm] Re: What happened here?

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:42:32 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Yoshi Rokuko <yoshi.rokuko_AT_yokuts.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:37:58AM +0100, hiro wrote:
>> Still, dwm somehow seems very much not unix alike for me.
>
> what do you mean, or what would be a more nix'isch WM?
>
> regards, y0shi

Could be, that X doesn't allow it to be more unixy, and like I said,
if you don't want to change the configuration, you could say dwm is
just a simple window manager.

But as the task for most people on this list is configuring it like
crazy, I don't think one should consider dwm unixy in this use case,
it's not flexible enough. Perhaps someone should write a window
manager consisting of some very simple and small binaries. But I
admit, I would not know where to start (I will stick to wmii and it's
9p server approach).

just my 2 euros