Re: [dwm] [OT] Personal Website and CSS

From: Jack Woehr <jax_AT_well.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:56:43 -0700

Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
> I would really like to throw away X11. So that you have a universal
> hardware-implementable rendering language and system (buffer management
> etc.) and an event layer on top of it. So if you want to browse a
> hyperlinked document you compile it to the rendering language and run
> an event manager, which handles things like scrolling, on top of it. So
> you have a data pipe (model), renderer/compiler (view) and event manager
> (controller).

If you are willing to accept Javascript as your universal rendering
language
and the web browser as its implementation, GWT though it needs much more
engineering over the next year or two is actually pretty good.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # I run for public office from time to time. It's like
http://www.well.com/~jax # working out at the gym, you sweat a lot, don't get