[dwm] irssi + screen + urxvt in dwm -> window hint urgent not working

From: Zhengning Jiang <zhengtonic_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:23:20 +0200

Hi,

i have a little problem regarding window hint urgent with my setup.
I run a screen with irssi inside on my server and use urxvt as terminal for
access.
The problem is: dwm does not catch the window hint urgent on new messages
from irssi as it should.

Here is what i did:

.Xdefault:
Urxvt.urgentOnBell = true (urxvt version 8.4-1 ... the man page says this
flag exists )

.screenrc:
bell_msg "bell in window %n ^G" (yes, i turned vbell off and ^G is a ^V^G)

.irssi/config:
set bell_beeps ON
set beep_msg_level MSGS NOTICES DCC DCCMSGS HILIGHT

The strange thing is, if i switch to another session (e.g. vim) inside my
screen
(and put the dwm focus on another window/label of course) it does work.
But it should work without switching the irssi session in my screen.

Do you guys have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

zhengtonic