Re: [dwm] Low Power Fanless Computer

From: yy <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 15:23:39 +0200

While I really like Asus products (I'm very happy with my eee), maybe
the msi catalog is also worth a look. Both windbox and windnettop look
like interesting fanless desktop replacements in the same line than
the eeebox.
If you want to have your own server the idea of accompanying one of
these devices with plug computers and/or some cheap NAS looks funny,
but given the current price of VPS I don't think home-servers are well
worth any more.

PS[OT]: you would not get rich this way, but I would buy such a thing
for a reasonable price: 1. find the right (cheap) plug computers to
run plan9 cpu servers, the right nas device to run venti, and the
right eee/wind/whichever terminal. 2. preconfigure everything and
package it in a cute box. 3. sell it. 4. profit! 5. goto 1

--
- yiyus || JGL .