Re: [dwm] Stats script

From: Claudio M. Alessi <smoppy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 18:44:57 +0200

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 11:03:03AM -0400, Jake Todd wrote:
> I took your advice and I've reduced the amount of cpu cycles used for
> displaying stats by a significant amount. This is what my xinitrc looks like
> now:
It appear much clear now. Also i'm now able to get all fields properly, though
I'm only able to see the last two digit of the memory abount when it goes over
99Mb. As far as I can tell, you could use cut(1) to get the desired offset of
bytes from free(1), as in this example:

   free -m |grep ^- |cut -b27-30

There is more than one way to do it. You may also want to increase the sleep
time (30 seconds are enough?) in order to not stress the CPU furthemore.

HTH.

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi

--