[dwm] Problem with notify-send from acpi events

From: Preben Randhol <randhol_AT_pvv.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 00:12:50 +0200

Hi

I have setup my Asus Eee to run commands when I press the function keys
(like power up/down etc...) In these scripts I'm running notify-send to
get a small window to give a message (like touchpad off etc...). The
scripts are run from acpid.

For some strange reason when I use dwm, the notify window doesn't show
up. If I program dwm to run the script, I get the window. If I run the
script manually from xterm as either user or root I get the window. If
I start xfce4 in stead of dwm I get the window when acpid starts the
script.

I don't understand why I don't get it in dwm. Anybody have any clues as
to what the problem could be or how to debug to find it?

Thanks in advance

Preben

System: Ubuntu 9.04, dwm 5.5(6) from hg.