Re: [hackers] [SIC] alias patch

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:45:22 -0700

New patch to sic. This one implements aliases much like the last one
with a few new features, and uses Kris' update. You can apply this
patch to the current tip and will end up with Kris' changes as well as
alias capability. I didn't go with your alias method Kris because I
wanted to be able to use strings, not just characters. New alias
functionality allows the creation of aliases to commands. For example

:a bot privmsg bot_name :
:bot do this for me

:j #thisisalongchannelname
:a mlong privmsg #thisisalongchannelname :
:mlong message to that channel

This works in addition to how aliases worked in the last one

:a long #thisisalongchannelname
:j long
:m long foo
:l long

Hope this is useful.
-E

note: when using an alias to send messages (:a foo privmsg #bar) the
message you sent will not show up for you, as this is done by sic, not
by the server.