Re: [hackers] [SIC] alias patch

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:26:23 -0700

New patch again. I was working on it before I got your latest message
Kris, so it doesn't follow your code, although it probably should, as
that's most likely a cleaner way to do it. As it is now, I've added
recursive aliases to the mix. Some examples...

:a long #thisisalongchannelname
:a mlong :m long
:j long
:mlong message to #thisisalongchannelname
:l long

:a bot :m bot_name
:bot command to bot
:a com :bot frequently used command
:com parameters to command

:a foo :bar
:a bar :foo
:foo

results in

emg : 08/10/07 20:25 <sic> alias loop

This patch can be applied to the current tip and updates the man page
accordingly. Let me know if you have find any problems. I'll most
likely be trying to change over to the way Kris suggested.

-E