Re: [hackers] [sbase] _brk, _argc and _argv are reserved for the implementation || sin

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:15:30 +0100

> _brk, _argc and _argv are reserved for the implementation
>
> Thanks to nsz_AT_port70.net for reporting this, the mail excerpt below.
>
> "actually __.* and _[A-Z].* are reserved for any usage and _.* is
> reserved for file scope identifiers"

I think in this case doesn't matter because _brk and _argc are going
to be compound scope identifiers (or block scope or whatever you want
call them), so it is not a problem (you can shadow a file scope
identifier with a compound scope identifier), but I agree it is
better avoid this kind of cases. But then we should do the
same with the __ARG_H__ macro (I already complained about it,
but nobody wanted to listen me).