Re: [hackers] [ubase] Set TERM to linux if needed for su and login || sin

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 19:44:49 +0200

> but -p is specifically used to tell login whether to preserve or discard
> the parent environment. What happens if -p is not set? I decided to put
> TERM=linux because ubase is linux specific.

I think -p is only suitable for values that can be obtained from /etc/passwd,
for example HOME or SHELL, but in the case of TERM, you only can take the
correct value from the environment of the parent. I don't know what says
POSIX about this issue, but maybe should be interesting take a look on it.

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero