Re: [hackers] sbase: od: properly concatenate multiple file arguments

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:02:57 -0400

On 10/02/2015 11:35 AM, FRIGN wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:16:24 -0400
> Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
>
>> But I don't want it initialized every time the for loop is entered.
>> That's why I made it static. It needs to preserve its value between calls.
>
> Ah yeah, of course. Sorry, I overlooked that.

No problem.

> Let's focus one one single thing first, or you end up rewriting all your
> patches anyway.
> We first need to get the length-handling properly first.

If you're referring to supporting variable length multi-btye values, I
have given up on writing that functionality. I will leave that to more
talented C programmers than myself.

Concatenating multiple file arguments properly is correcting a defect in
the program, a bug fix on existing, already committed functionality.
That seems like high priority to me. Also, I don't plan on any more
patches to od, so it is the last thing I am focusing on in od for a while.