Re: [hackers] [slock] Exit as soon as possible on input grabbing error

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 19:54:00 +0200

Heyho Quentin,

Quentin Rameau wrote:
> 1/Why report later what you can do now?

I value consistency more than iterative style improvements. See also the very
first paragraph of the style guide.

> 2/What don't you like in my suggested solution?

The answer is again consistency. The style of one line per argument is not used
throughout slock.c so it would break consistency.

I don't want to have a whole style discussion before applying your patch. That
should be done in a different thread in a more general context. The important
point was just to not break the string into two lines, so I'll apply the patch
with project level consistency and if you guys really care that much about line
length and other vague points from the style guide, please start another thread
and I'll be happy to participate in the discussion and help to update projects
after a decision is made.

--Markus