[hackers] patch st-alpha-0.7 not working

From: vinícius mota <vcmota78_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:00:03 -0200

Hi everybody. This is my first post here, I hope to be sending this to the
correct location.

I have a Gentoo fresh install, and as window manager I have selected DWM,
using st as terminal. I successfully setup the st-scrollback and
st-clipboard patches, as well as a patch for DWM (bottomstack), but
st-alpha-0.7 just does not work. The installation returns no erros, and the
compilation of st works flawlessly, but what I have is a gray terminal,
instead of the default black, and no transparency whatsoever. I have
compton installed by the way. I appreciate any help, thank you all!