Re: [hackers] [swerc] use png logo again || Hiltjo Posthuma

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 19:32:13 +0100

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:50:23 +0100 (CET)
git_AT_suckless.org wrote:

Hey Hiltjo,

> use png logo again

I understand the reasons for the switch, most prominently the security
implications for people visiting suckless.org with the Tor-browser
(because SVGs can contain embedded javascript).
Quality-wise though, it sadly is a step down and we should definitely
look for a better solution. See attached images for a comparison at a
higher zooming level. The artifacts seen are due to the biquadratic
scaling algorithm applied to the png on higher scaling levels.

I like to optimize for the 99% and when people are truly concerned
about security (using Tor), they should disable JavaScript altogether.
Thus, keeping the svg would be my personal preference weighing the pros
and cons.
This is my personal opinion though and I'd love to hear what the others
have to say about this.

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

--