Re: [hackers] issues with 6.1 and single_taglist

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:17:18 +0100

Hi Allan,

I'm the author of the patch. Did you try checking out the exact git version that's referenced in the patch (cdec9782a1789bd5c3a84772fd59abb9da288597)? This might be a good starting point for working your way up to the very latest commit.

My repository http://github.com/jceb/dwm-patches includes the single_taglist patch on top of the latest dwm version. However, it sits on top of a long list of patches. If you don't mind that, feel free to check it out.

The single_taglist patch touches every single instance that deals with tags. If you want to maintain it on top of a custom stack of patches I'd recommend to get familiar with the way dwm handles tags and how this is changed into a single taglist.

Jan Christoph

--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
I didn’t want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ - God’s righteousness.  Phil 3:9