Re: [hackers] slstatus keymap patch idea

From: Aaron Marcher <me_AT_drkhsh.at>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 22:41:49 +0200

Michael,

> I’ve been using slstatus for a while and am really enjoying it.

Thanks!

> Was thinking of adding a patch to the current slstatus for a keymap
> indicator component. Is it worth adding this feature now or later
> after the release as a custom patch?

I thought about the same thing a few days ago and I like the idea of
adding it natively to slstatus. Adding it before the release is fine.

> I guess it could be replicated by a run_command using setxkbmap but
> would be nice as a separate component out of the box.

Implementing it using Xlib is more elegant.

Cheers!
Aaron

--
Web: https://drkhsh.at/ or http://drkhsh5rv6pnahas.onion/
Gopher: gopher://drkhsh.at or gopher://drkhsh5rv6pnahas.onion