[hackers] Unix Windowing System

From: Jacob Louis Prosser <jacoblouisprosser_AT_protonmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 07:26:34 +0000

Hi all,

Recently I have been considering developing my own Windowing System/Display server, mostly for fun and as an educational experience rather than any practical reason.
I don't think it would be that hard, just clients giving a server some pixels and then that server pushing those pixels to the framebuffer or to an x window (for development).
I see on the project ideas section of suckless.org "Foundations of a new windowing system for UNIX-like operating systems." is listed. I was wondering if there as been any discussion or development on this.

-Jacob