[hackers] [dmenu] New release with IME support backed out?

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 16:49:49 +0100

Hey folks,

Unlike a lot of the rest of our software, generally dmenu works pretty well
even as a distribution-provided binary package, since usually users only want
to change colours, fonts, and other stuff that can be set on the command line.

For that reason, it seems maybe sensible to release a 4.10 (or 5.0), since the
revert in db6093f6ec1b is pretty desirable to avoid focus loss on restore. If
it was in dwm, st, or similar, I wouldn't care much, since everyone more or
less has a custom config.h for those anyway and thus probably already maintains
their own tree, but dmenu is generally somewhat distinct in that respect.

Hiltjo, any objections?

Thanks,

Chris