Re: [hackers] [quark] http: fix default index serving

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 18:44:39 +0100

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 14:48:23 +0100
Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space> wrote:

Dear Quentin,

> bump

sadly this patch was part of the mails that kept bumping due to the
DMARC/SPF-signing-issue we discussed earlier at admins_AT_. Now that I see
your bump I hope this issue is resolved and I can see your future mails
again. :)

I took a look at the archives[0] and have merged it in [1], however,
changed it into an else-case (to make it not depend on the fallthroughs
in the if only) and changed the mime-check so the mime-type is matched
against the docindex-path.

The http_prepare_response()-function is pretty messy, especially in
regard to stale data, which this bug is also based on. I'm working on
making it more resilient by splitting the discrete sub-problems into
separate functions.

Thanks for finding this issue and your patch! I must admit that this
issue slipped past me because I only checked quark's behaviour with
"curl -I", which effectively masked this problem.

With best regards

Laslo

[0]:https://lists.suckless.org/hackers/2101/17763.html
[1]:https://git.suckless.org/quark/commit/87ae2e9212c5cc7309eefa2a3f49a758862db6c7.html