Re: [hackers] [libgrapheme] Add manuals for the grapheme_to_*case_utf8-functions || Laslo Hunhold

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 10:37:00 +0200

On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 20:00:42 +0200
Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space> wrote:

Dear Quentin,

> But of course, that's why the construction ${variable} exists,
> for this very common case.
> It's clear that UNITs isn't a variable,
> so you need to separate the variable from the string.
> You don't that with a subshell and printf,
> you do that with just ${UNIT}s.

thanks for your explanation and pointing this out! I totally forgot
about this and have now pushed a change to use the proper parameter
expansion[0]. For those interested, here's the excerpt from the
POSIX-standard[1].

Also thanks to you, Thomas Oltmann, for pointing this out as well.

With best regards

Laslo

[0]:https://git.suckless.org/libgrapheme/commit/6e6c538e4efb4d191a2f0391466556eb758d76bd.html
[1]:https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap02.html#tag_02_06_02