Re: [hackers][surf][quit hotkey] Suggestion to remove quit() function parameters

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:30:47 +0600

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 08:29:40PM +0430, Lancia Greggori wrote:
> Hi, I have recently noticed that the quit() function in the patch
> https://surf.suckless.org/patches/quit-hotkey/ has parameters that are not
> being used:

Those "patches" are community maintained. Feel free to push directly to
the repo if you think there's an improvemnt to be made.
Read this page on how-to: https://suckless.org/wiki/

> To further test my theory, I changed the above quit function to quit(void)
> and surf compiled and ran without a problem.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to remove these parameters that are not being used
> and instead just put void in their place?

No, because the function pointers in `Key` expects a certain signature.
https://git.suckless.org/surf/file/surf.c.html#l122

- NRK