Re: [hackers] [libgrapheme] Switch to semantic versioning and improve dynamic library handling || Laslo Hunhold

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 09:51:01 +0200

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 23:32:08 +0600
NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org> wrote:

Dear NRK,

> Curious, what makes you change you mind about putting these back in
> config.mk instead of keeping them in the Makefile ? Since they aren't
> meant to be changed by the user.

you're totally right. I put them back at first because I would risk not
rebuilding when I changed them in the Makefile (which is actually
easily fixable by just adding a dependency on the Makefile additionally
to config.mk, which I did just now[0]).

Another aspect was that the VERSION_* variables are used in some of the
variables, but I admit that it makes more sense to simply use them and
optionally add a comment at the top. To be honest, though, they are
pretty much self-explanatory.

With best regards

Laslo

[0]:https://git.suckless.org/libgrapheme/commit/d42f53b5baafe01caa48477e204b63e065660117.html