[news] [surf] 0.7 release

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:44:00 +0100

Greetings comrades.

In our »release often, release proud« schema I’m glad to announce the
0.7 release of surf [0], [1]. I want to thank all contributors for send‐
ing in patches.

First of all: Update your config.h! As always, much has changed:
* The progress indicator is now in the window title.
* Stylefiles can be toggled.
* Scrollbars can be toggled.
* There is now a kiosk mode.
* You can specifiy a default font size.
* You can toggle the window title indicators.
* Geo policy can be configured.
* You can force 96dpi.
* When holding the mod key while clicking on a link it will open in a new
  window.
* You can zoom in surf and specify a zoomlevel on the commandline.
* You can now specify a cookie policy.
* Resizeable text areas are now activated in webkit. (Small icon in the lower
  right edge of text entries to resize the text entry.)
* »Copy image address« is now implemented.
* The cache for libsoup is now active and can be configured.
* There is now socks:// support in surf for easier tor access.
* Add file:// support.
* On hover of a link, display it in the title.
* File handling has been reworked internally.
* Fullscreen handling has been fixed.
* There is now handling for the »no_proxy« variable.
* Mouse button releases cab be configured now in config.h.
* There is now plumbing support in surf, to have (by default) handle xdg-open
  other URIS. This allows gopher:// etc. support.)

The speciality of this release is that I left some bugs in surf to make
sure that the »thousand eyes« principle of Open Source is still alive.

And always remember our main bug: Fix the web.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann
[0] http://dl.suckless.org/surf/surf-0.7.tar.gz
[1] http://git.suckless.org/surf/tag/?id=0.7