Re: [wiki] [sites] news: restore history || Hiltjo Posthuma

From: Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 07:18:37 -0800

Hi Laslo,

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 01:35, Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 17:23:53 -0800
> Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why? We always only kept latest release in news feed. Otherwise it
> > would be 10 times longer already. Nobody bothers about when the
> > previous release was. If anyone bothers, he can check git log of the
> > particular project for that.
>
> I actually agree with Hiltjo here. It has a nice vibe to it to really
> have all the history on one page. It doesn't make the browser slower or
> anything and it's minimal with regard to transferred size.

We never had full history in one page, so it would be rather arbitrary
to start keeping it now.
We kept all unique news entries in the page, with the exception of
releases. We consistently only kept the latest release news item.
Changing that now looks quite inconsistent IMHO. And if you carefully
consider, if we wouldn't have done it like so in the past, there'd be
49 dmenu entries and 62 dwm entries already. It would look hideous.

Best regards,
Anselm