Re: [wiki] Biased?

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:10:11 +0100

On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:00:57 +0300
sewn <sewn_AT_disroot.org> wrote:

Dear sewn,

> Hi, i would like to ask about the wiki commits
> 89e8163cc1a92971ebce06ab61c35b8f4db7cd1a and
> 63714920a6f4b9d61cde717e159c67a22b147c24; I do not understand the
> reason behind these commits.
> The first commit reverts the removal
> of an IRC client which goes against suckless philosphy: irssi.
>
> irssi itself is massive (60K SLOC) and depends on glib - which is
> very suckful
> as mentioned on https://suckless.org/sucks
>
> The second commits reverts the addition of a fantastic IRC client:
> senpai.

... of which you conveniently are a contributor. There is nothing to
add to what Hiltjo said, and I agree with him. The rocks list is not an
advertising board, and if your commits are reverted, kindly discuss it
first on dev_AT_ before trying to re-add it like a lunatic.

> There is no factual reason why it was removed other than 'it
> has too many dependencies', which is contradictory supplied by the
> project's README - needs only Go.

The program does not simply have the Go-standard-library as a
dependency, just look at app.go.

With best regards

Laslo