Re: [wmii] How to move bar to top without covering windows

From: Charlie Law <chaslaw_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:13:56 +0000

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:13:40 -0800
Bradey Honsinger <bradeyh_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/17/06, Charlie Law <chaslaw_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > One question, though: I've managed to get the bar to display at the
> > top of my screen, but I can't get the windows to open without
> > covering the bar. This isn't a problem when the bar is at the bottom
> > of the screen. I've played with config a good bit but haven't
> > succeeded yet. Thanks in advance.
> [...]
> The catch is that the new page size doesn't get re-applied to current
> pages; you have to open a new page to see it. On existing pages, the
> titlebar gets covered, as you noticed.

Thanks for the reply. I've got it working now, but, as you say, it doesn't work on the current or opening page. Is there any way to get it to work from the time that wmii first opens up? I've already tried putting the changes (bar on top, windows below) in /usr/local/etc/wmii-2.5/wmiirc so that it would take effect globally.

Thanks again.