Re: [wmii] Question about column layout

From: Steffen Liebergeld <stepardo_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:59:35 +0100

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:53:14 +0100, "Anselm R. Garbe" <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> said:
> Hi,
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 12:39:07PM +0100, Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
>> first of all I want to thank you for the latest snap, which really
>> works great here. Anyways, I miss the max layout. I remember
>> Garbeam mentioning that the max laout is obsolete, because you can
>> achive this functionality with the column layout. And thats the
>> point. How would one do that? The only ways I can imagine are tabs
>> (ugly) or only one window per page.
>>
>> Is there a third way I didn't find? If not, could you re-add the
>> max layout?

> It is a good point to discuss the future max way now, because I also
> miss it and we should find a proper way.

Good.

> The old idea was pretty similiar to the wmii-2.x behavior, a
> maximized client gets into a temporary page and is maximized to the
> screen size exclusively.

Umm. I wanted several clients to be maximized in a page. I then want
to be able to switch between those clients per $MOD-Tab. I think this
was the original behaviour of the max-layout. Have so many internal
structures changed, that simply importing the old code of the
max-layout doesn't work?

Tabs are ugly. I don't want them. Expecially not, if there is no
titlebar (which is good).

Nevertheless it should be possible to have *one* window maximized, to
watch a movie for example.

--
Ich will doch auch nur ein Handy, das man beim Telefonieren nicht
einatmet und mit dem man noch mit normalen Bratpfannenhänden wählen