Re: [wmii] Thunderbird

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 15:52:36 +0200

On 5/3/06, Paul Malherbe <paul_AT_tartan.co.za> wrote:
> >> Am I right in thinking that if an app is running unattached, all other
> >> apps run in float mode?
> >
> I'm sorry, I meant unmanaged not unattached.

In wmii-3, all clients belong to a certain area. Area 0 is the
unmanaged area, all other areas are managed (columns). New clients are
attached to the area the selected client belongs to. Hence, if a
client in the second column is focussed, a new client will be attached
to the second column. Likewise, when a floating client is focussed, a
new client will be floating too (pretty much like you said, with the
sidenote that the floating app has to be _focussed_ for this to
happen).

Greetings, Sander.