Re: [wmii] Re: rc2: 20060504-rc2-slavutych

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:41:29 +0200

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:49:06PM +0200, Torsten Veller wrote:
> * "Anselm R. Garbe" <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>:
> > http://wmii.de/download/wmii-20060504-rc2-slavutych.tar.gz
>
> As said in another mail before this versioning is ugly for scripts.
> Can you please provide a more useful versioning?
> Maybe you can use links if you think this name is useful.
>
> I would suggest download/wmii-3-rc2.tar.gz. That's what it is.
> With the date it looks like a snapshot and should be in snaps/ ;P

I don't see a problem to handle the name
wmii-20060504-rc2-slavutych.tar.gz
from a script. It doesn't contains any whitespaces, and indeed
from my POV an rc is still a snapshot, though it resides in
download to make clear that it's pretty stable.

Maybe we can change such kind of stuff in the end of wmii-4
development. See http://www.wmii.de/index.php/WMII/Versioning
for details about our versioning scheme. I'll think about how to
define rc's in wmii-4.

Regards,