Re: [wmii] rc3: 20060509-rc3-agnita

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 15:26:14 +0200

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 01:33:38PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> - horizontal selection does not work beyond boundaries anymore
> (though vertical does, to allow round-robin cycling in columns
> and floating area for convenience reasons)
Just for curiosity: Why do not allow round-robin in both directions?

> - Each client contains a state label in the right which displays
> the client index and the number of overall clients, it also
> prepends the ~ character if the client is floating, this label
> is highlighted regarding the focus state in the specific
> column or floating layer, thus you now easily see which client
> is focused in an unfocused column/floating layer
Hmm...works ok, but it looks a bit ugly to have differently colored
blocks in the title bar. I'd prefer the whole title bar in a third
color as long as there's no other idea... (nomenclature could be
normal, selected and focused then...well not perfect since the bar
would use normal/focused colors...) ...and of course it would be
up to the user to choose useful colors.

I did not do extensive tests up to now, but it works nice so far!

Regards,
Stefan

 Stefan Tibus                               Fachbereich Physik / AG Schatz
 Phone: +49-7531-88-3861                      Emmy-Noether-Nachwuchsgruppe
 eMail: Stefan.Tibus_AT_uni-konstanz.de                  Universität Konstanz
 Web:   http://idefix.physik.uni-konstanz.de/albrecht/