Re: [wmii] Re: wmii 3.0 missing feature: tabs :(

From: Fernando Canizo <conan_AT_lugmen.org.ar>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:10:25 -0300

El 09/may/2006 a las 13:01 -0300, Anselm me decía:
> On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 01:01:10PM -0300, Fernando Canizo wrote:
> > > titlebar would get cropped off, stacking scales up to 30
> > > clients in modern screen resolutions
> >
> > Yeah, sure! stacking mode scales so well...
> > http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/tmp/wmii/i_dislike_wmii_stacked_mode.png
>
> With Tabbing all these clients won't scale.

By 'scale' you mean only to show the complete title of the client or
something else or something plus?

> Besides this your
> TERM environment is broken, because your clients have no proper
> title.
> For urxvt import the urxvt termcap and set TERM=rxvt-unicode to
> get proper titles.

I have all that. Maybe the png doesn't show any title because i just
started many terms to show my point (no things running on them, just
plain bash), which is: with many clients it doesn't matter if you are
using tabs nor stacks, the usability of the wm will get clumsy.

Anyway i've been thinking again all this over again and i think now
that the only thing i want from a tabbed/stacked mode is the ability
to tell visually how many clients are opened. Can't think of anything
else right now. So maybe with max mode and the number we have now
'x/n' where x is the client number and n the total clients for this
view it will suffice. Gonna rethink about implementing tabs patch once
wmii-3 get stable.

I'm pretty comfortable right now with max mode.

--
Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
Más agrandado/a que calzón de puta.