Re: [wmii] Re: wmii 3.0 missing feature: tabs :(

From: Jani H. Lahtinen <jani.h.lahtinen_AT_nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:55:55 +0300

ext Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

>With scaling I mean that you can run many clients without
>cutting off their titles in stacking mode, with tabbing they
>would be cut off:
>
>Stacking
>| foofoffofo foofoffofofofo foofofofoffofo ofofof |
>| bar bar baaaaaarb barbar bar |
>| baz baz baz bazbazbazbazb bazbabzbazbaz |
>
>Tabbing
>| foofofofofof f...| bar bar bar... | baz baz ba... |
>
>The more clients you run, the worse gets tabbing.
>
>Regards,

Anselm's point should become clearer once the tagbar starts to contain
functional more stuff and becomes editable. However, also at that point
it should be easy to simulate the tabbing, by adding a text that would
switch to the other client in the same column. Therefore I think that
the current path is fine.

Jani