Re: [wmii] Inferno/Styx

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:31:31 +0200

On 5/15/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> Yea, I suspected this behavior, because the afid isn't touched
> in fs.c of wmii, that seems to be the reason for what you notice.
> I'd like to delay this issue for after wmii-3 release, but if
> you are willing to recheck, I propose you to look into this
> issue right after the release on Wednesday, ok?

I'm not sure this is a good idea; one of wmii-3's new features
(compared to wmii-2.5.2) is that it provides a 9P service. I'm not an
expert on 9P, but the behavior Kris mentiones sounds like a bug, and
hence I think it is better to fix it before the release... ("new in
wmii-3: partial 9P service" doesn't sound too great :-)

Greetings, Sander.

PS. like I said, I'm not an expert on 9P; if the misbehavior is caused
by an expectation of functionality that is not part of the 9P
specification, I'd say delay the fix till after wmii-3 (for wmii-3.1
for instance).