Re: [wmii] accented chars in title- and statusbars

From: thomas <thomas.bsd_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:45:16 +0200

On 5/21/06, Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de> wrote:
> Sadly the UTF8 handling in X is quite a mess. I uncommented the
> Xutf8* parts, the release uses Xmb only. I noticed, that it is
> impossible to get sane UTF8 handling, if one don't uses iconv,
> which is on its way for wmii-4.

I understand ; I have just read Denis' email, which explains how
difficult it is. As a temporary solution, is it possible to have a
script to replace a set of letters in the bars?
é, è, ê => e
ß => ss
ö => o
... and so on.
How could I do that - not writing the replacement part ;), but
integrating the script to wmii. If wmii-4 is released next winter, it
would be cool to have decent titles for the coming months...

++ Thomas