Re: [wmii] moving liblitz on

From: Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag_AT_dottedmag.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:32:20 +0700

DG> Also, operations on a UTF-8 char* are quite unperformant, so we
DG> would pay in performance for that, most of the time.

Could you say what operations you are need to perform inside window
manager? I can't imagine now anything harder than replacing end of
string with '...' or concatenation.

You should do analysis first: what kind of operations your program
have to perform, and design your data structures then, not vice versa,
because you might be trying to optimize in wrong place (yes, we all,
as a software engineers, are pretty good known as being unable to
predict bottlenecks and performance characteristics of software).

--
JID: dottedmag_AT_jabber.dottedmag.net