Re: [wmii] wmii-3 configuration - in Ruby

From: Michael Ekstrand <michael_AT_elehack.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:35:46 -0500

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 10:37:22AM +0200, Steffen Liebergeld wrote:
> When I have time I'll write a wmiirc in perl though.

Great minds think alike :-).

I've started working on a wmii interface in Perl, including a WMII::FS
module that (currently using wmiir) reads and writes data to the
filesystem, a shell (wmiish) for exploring the filesystem, and an event
loop class/module that can be subclassed for easy construction of wmiirc
scripts.

Anyway, the point is, once I get this stuff usable enough that it's
running my wmii install, I was planning to make it available
somewhere/somehow; however, if someone is wanting to play with this, I
could publish it sooner. Let me know if you want to see it; otherwise
I'll just publish (and announce to the list) when it's finished/working.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
                -- Fortune