Re: [wmii] wmii-3 on MacOS X?

From: John Nowak <john_AT_johnnowak.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:46:56 -0400

On Jun 4, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:

> Hi, I've been using ion for a few years and decided to look
> into some of the interesting features of wmii. However, when I
> start wmii up in Apple's X11 server wmii seems to believe the top
> of the screen is somewhere behind the omnipresent MacOS X menubar.
> ion3 seems to correctly choose the extents of the display. Is
> there some way that I can adjust this? Thanks!

Wmii's behaviour is common. (Ion introduced code specifically to
handle this.) Considering that wmii uses the full screen anyway,
you're better off just using full screen mode and hiding the menu
bar. If you go to X11 -> Preferences..., you'll see under the Output
tab that you can "Enable the Enter Full Screen menu". After that, you
can toggle between full screen and a completely hidden X11 with
command-option-A.

- John