Re: [wmii] wmii on OpenBSD

From: Simon Morgan <simon_AT_16hz.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:55:02 +0100

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 09:24:30PM -0700, iv_AT_c-66-229-172-60.hsd1.ca.comcast.net wrote:
> Change the status to update the time every 10 or so seconds.
> You will recover about 10-15% of the CPU. status take a lot of cycles
> and it queries kernel data structures that stop others from accessing them
> since many for security reasons are MUTEX protected...
>
> Try that it helps alot..
>
> regards, infoVision.. I run it on a G5 and powerbook and its find like
> that.. :) What else are you running... ???

It's a weird problem, the first time it dissapeared was around the time I
disabled openntpd so I assumed that was the problem. I since, for other reasons,
reinstalled OpenBSD and had the same problem even with openntpd disabled, the
problems since dissapeared again. I still think it might somehow be related to
the system time, either way it does seem to run fine with the default status bar
update delay.

--
Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your
shoes.