Re: [wmii] More newbie strangeness -- no window decorations?

From: Geoffrey Alan Washburn <geoffw_AT_cis.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:04:25 -0400

Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> I only want to make sure that this is a wmii issue. Thus it is
> necessary to move the current config of the specific app away.
> Then rechecking and trying to reproduce. If it still happens it
> might be a wmii issue, if not, it is app-related.

    I don't know that it is fair to call this problem app-related given
that ion3 has no problems determining what kind of window type it should
give Thunderbird. I don't expect they have any special code just for
Thunderbird in the C source, and there isn't anything in the Lua for
Thunderbird specifically.

    Still, moving my old .thunderbird out of the way, restarting X and
wmii-3 and then running Thunderbird gives the correct behavior again,
and even when I moved the old configuration back it is still working
correctly for the moment. So it is solved for now, but I'd really like
to know that when I don't have time to mess with this kind of stuff that
it won't suddenly manifest itself again.

--
[Geoff Washburn|geoffw@cis.upenn.edu|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/]