Re: [wmii] More newbie strangeness -- no window decorations?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam_AT_wmii.de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:43:49 +0200

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:05:23AM -0400, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
> Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >Ah, now we come closer to the problem. wmii treats applications
> >which windows request the size of the display as fullscreen
> >apps, which are always floating. I think we will check, if a
> >window which is going to be managed by wmii is larger than the
> >screen dimension, and resizing it if necessary (this only
> >happens for floating windows).
> >
> Okay, but that doesn't tell me what I should do about it. I've
> tried writing to /client/n/geom but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

You can't write to a geom file in a global namespace, because it
is not clear which tag is affected. A client can be visible in
different views, thus a client has different geometries at a
time. In th /client/ namespace it is indecidable which client is
effected, that's why you need to write to

        /view/m/n/geom or /tag/m/n/geom (wmii-3)
        /tag/<tag>/n/p/geom (wmii-4)

instead.

Regards,