Re: [wmii] wmii-3 on MacOS X?

From: Stefan Tibus <sjti_AT_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:57:02 +0200

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 02:36:26PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> If we are going to allow this option, the question arises if
> this option should be view- or screen-specific.
I think it should be view-specific, with some global default for
the creation of new views (in the past it was workspace-specific).
The default is then kind of screen-specific.
Of course, having wmii on multiple screens and allowing to switch
views between screens of different size complicates things. But
that's true for all windows: For columns it may be best to scale
the sizes stored in the cache, but on the floating layer there will
be fixed size clients etc. As the idea is to treat special cases
like MacOS-menu, docks and probably most others will be fixed size
as well (as long as both screens use the same font-sizes) I'd think
keeping those borders in pixels and moving fixed-size clients to
stay in the visible area is best.

Regards,
Stefan