[wmii] Re: Bar going away?

From: Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag_AT_dottedmag.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:51:15 +0700

You (garbeam_AT_wmii.de) wrote:

 ARG> This proposal will make it necessary to write the complete bar
 ARG> content on every update. I'm not sure I like it. But the idea of
 ARG> creating labels separated by | doesn't looks to bad.

This means every client wishing to update bar have to parse current
bar state, replace part of it with new state and set it back. This
makes clients more complex. Not sure whether this makes WM more
complex or not.

And this scheme has unsolvable (without some kind of bar locking) race
condition:

c1 reads bar
c2 reads bar
c1 parses bar state